Thursday, June 9, 2011

New approach to teaching my children

When I was in school for my teaching cert. I learned about the best schools around. Montessori Schools. DS was maybe a year. I thought this was great and how I would have loved to get him in a school like that. Then I learned that there was a waiting list years long to get him in for preschool and the cost was extremely high. Not to mention that it was in another town at least 45 minutes away. The thought about great school had left my mind until God blessed me with watching these two little girls. I was able to quite the part time job I had ( was a great job and the kids came with) and teach four terrific children. I began implementing a little at time. Gathering educational toys and reading, reading, reading. I began by reading blogs to get an idea and reading books. I have worked my way to working with John Bowman, author of Montessori at Home! We are working towards making this an in home Montessori day care and preschool. I hope you will follow along on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!