Friday, December 9, 2011

Homemade Fish sticks

I haven't served my family processed chicken nuggets in just about a year now.  We have fish sticks once in a great while only because I didn't know if fish sticks would turn out right homemade.  We gave it a try and they devoured them.  We will be making again!


I made them just about the same way I make chicken nuggets:


1 package fish fillets ( I used a frozen bag and thawed it)

    2 egg
    2/3 cup bread crumbs ( I used seasoned) 
    2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese ( wanted to use fresh but only have the kind in the green container)
    2 tablespoon  butter, melted

Pre heat 450

My fish were long so I cut them into squares.  I let the kids do the work.  They are so good at cracking eggs.  The eggs went in one bowl and the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in another.   I sprayed a cookie sheet so they wouldn't stick and let them go to work.  They  first dipped the fish in the egg and then in the crumbs.  At first there was so bickering. Someone was always in the other ones way.  Then they came up with an assembly line ( now that's not what they call it)  but they gave jobs and set up a line and worked together.  What a sight!  F did it for a little while and then just watched.  I think she was a little disgusted, wait to see her face below. Pour the  melted butter over the the sticks.  Put them in at 450  
we let them cook for about 5 min and then flipped them to cook on the other for 5 more min.  I was worried about them sticking and not cooking on both sides.  So use your judgement on how long. 

Fish I used for Aldi 
Of course R had to taste it.  She liked getting her hands in it. 



C took over while F watched.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!