Friday, March 22, 2013

How Much Is Too Much Cell Phone Time?


How much is too much?

I just had this thought. You know one in the middle of the night when you can’t sleep and visions of your day fly through your head.   

 It has been driving me crazy how unplugged people are from their gadgets.  There is nothing more annoying that the constant ding of a text or no response when talking because they are reading something someone else wrote while I am sitting there.  This got me thinking  and made me sick to my stomach when I thought about it through my kids eyes, the things I miss because my head is down in my phone.  The things I am missing.  I chose to stay home so I wouldn't miss those and who know how long I actually looking at it.  Or the conversations I am missing with my husband because I am too busy on my phone.   

 I vow right now to be on my phone during certain times.  Not to be accessible at all times.  I will check it and get back with you during the “break” I get.  I will get to you in a few hrs. But right now my kids and husband need me ASAP.   


Right now I want to spend my time engaged my children lives and growing closer to my husband.  Now don’t get me wrong I love reading what you all are up to on Facebook and just got on Tweeter. And am excited about the Challenge Group starting up. But there is going to be a time set aside.  

We don’t want our kids to be playing video games or talking on the phone all the time.  but ummmm   what are we doing, what are we teaching them. Enjoy your kids while they still want to enjoy you.

  Take a break, unplug and spend time with your family and your spouse.  You’ll never regret you did!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!