Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Homeschooling Decisions

Prince Charming and I have decided that we are going to teach our kids from home.   It is something that has always been at the back of my mind.  I have also dreamed of teaching and having kids now I can pull them both together.  I don't really know what I am doing or what I am in store for but I do know we will all be learning together.  So far the kids have really grown together they are getting along so much better.

We start Classical Conversations next week.   CC is a group of parents and children that meets weekly in the community.There is a tutor that teaches material and guides the child.  It meets once a week.  There is a group of kids 8 is the max I think.  In the first group/ class they are ages 4- 4th grade.  This was the main reason we joined.  I wanted my little super hero to meet some kids his age and since we are new to the area I wanted to meet like minded moms.  I was also sold on the weekly presentations, science experiments, fine arts, and memorizing facts with songs and dances.

I look forward to this group as a tool to complete our homeschooling curriculum.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!