We wrap them in foil and sometime a holiday gift bag and add a Christmas Card or a note that C made. ( It will be fun this year to see R get in on the action) I like to drop them off on Christmas Eve but sometimes we are too busy, so planning is helpful. We load all the bags in the car and head out.
When dropping off we don't stay or even go in. We just say Wishing You a Merry Christmas or just a simple Merry Christmas. If we have something more to say we add in the card as this is a busy time for everyone.
So here is the recipe my mom gave me. I am not really sure where it came from. My guess would be a Betty Crocker Cook Book from years ago.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ( 2 med) mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cups nuts (optional if you don't know about allergies leave out)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
What to do :
- Preheat oven 350.
- Grease bottom of loaf pan
- In a large bowl blend the first 6 ingredients for 1 minute on medium speed
- Stir in the rest of ingredients until dry ingredients are moistened
- Pour batter in to loaf pans
- Bake for about an hour (check in center with toothpick if it comes out clean you are good to go)
- Cool for about 5 minutes and remove from pan
I line them up on cooling racks.
This makes one of the larger loaf pans.
This is a great family tradition since it is simple, inexpensive and meaningful.
What kinds of family traditions do you have or remember from childhood?