Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Family Traditions: Jimmy's Pizza Crust

Growing up Jimmy a family friend would make pizza every Friday night and I believe he still does. I have memories of eating the dough he trimmed off and helping with the sauce, cheese and sausage.
I have since begun to make this every Tuesday. That is my shopping day and it ensures I eat before I go, otherwise I may spend more since I am hungry. This tradition has worked the kiddo's can almost make it themselves. The younger one's however just want eat the flour and explore in it. I am thinking I will get a bowl together so they can do just that. While the older ones and I do the measuring and mixing.

What you need:
  • 3 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 3/4c water
  • 1/4 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoons dry yeast
  • ½ table spoon oil
What to do:
  • Mix all the dry ingredients together
  • In another bowl mix the liquids
  • Make valley in the dry ingredients
  • Pour liquid in there
  • mix ( I use my hand a knead it a little).
  • Leave in the bowl for 2 -3 hours.
  • Roll out the dough (you may need to knead it and add flour. I roll it out and then flip it a few times)
  • Make sure it is big enough to hang a little over the pan
  • Grease the pan
  • Trim the extra's hanging over

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!