Growing up Jimmy a family friend would make pizza every Friday night and I believe he still does. I have memories of eating the dough he trimmed off and helping with the sauce, cheese and sausage.
I have since begun to make this every Tuesday. That is my shopping day and it ensures I eat before I go, otherwise I may spend more since I am hungry. This tradition has worked the kiddo's can almost make it themselves. The younger one's however just want eat the flour and explore in it. I am thinking I will get a bowl together so they can do just that. While the older ones and I do the measuring and mixing.
What you need:
- 3 3/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4c water
- 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons dry yeast
- ½ table spoon oil
What to do:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- In another bowl mix the liquids
- Make valley in the dry ingredients
- Pour liquid in there
- mix ( I use my hand a knead it a little).
- Leave in the bowl for 2 -3 hours.
- Roll out the dough (you may need to knead it and add flour. I roll it out and then flip it a few times)
- Make sure it is big enough to hang a little over the pan
- Grease the pan
- Trim the extra's hanging over